PLUGS: EVENTS ALL YEAR ROUND
Active throughout the year, GIFF conducts its PLUGS program and connects to its multiple partners in Switzerland and internationally.
From Düsseldorf to Montreal, via Locarno, Zürich and Neuchâtel, the Festival aims to provide, through this collaborative program of curations, exhibitions and off-site events, to a wide audience with the opportunity to see the most striking audiovisual works of the year and experience new modes of digital narration.
Through its PLUGS program, GIFF aims to promote digital culture and artistic innovation throughout Switzerland and beyond and to assert its ongoing commitment to contemporary creation.
Here are some of the venues and organizations that have hosted GIFF’s PLUGS program:
- Centre PHI (Montreal, Canada)
- SXSW – South by Southwest (Austin, USA)
- Cannes Film Festival, Marché du film (Cannes, France)
- Swissnex China (Beijing, China)
- NIFFF – Neuchâtel International Fantastic Film Festival (Neuchâtel, Switzerland)
- Locarno Film Festival, laRotonda (Locarno, Switzerland)
- Ludicious – Zurich Game Festival (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Internationale Kurzfilmtage Winterthur (Winterthur, Switzerland)
- Stadtmuseum Aarau (Aarau, Switzerland)
- Hubweek (Boston, USA)
- Istituto Svizzero (Roma, Italy)